Starts and idles ok. When I hit the gas, it has always had a little bit of a hesitation, but now the engine sometimes stalls when gas is applied. Will not start for about a half hour, then will start up again. Problem is worse under increased engine load such as 4WD. I don't have the rough idle problems and other symptoms that a lot of people report with similar problems. Seems to be getting fuel, not starting after stall persists even when using starting fluid. Cleaned the throttle body with CRC spray. It's not throwing any codes. I'm thinking it could be the MAP sensor but hoping to have a better idea before I start buying replacement parts. Any help is appreciated.
Intermittent stall when accelerating on 1991 Chevrolet S10
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet S10 Questions
- My heater temp adjustment won't work in Winter but works in Summer.
- I have a 2000 2.2liter 4cyl s10, and its got oil in the airbox
- power mirrors will not work
- it will not start when the ambient temperature gets below 32 degrees.
- if gas guage doesn't move truck wont start.if gauge moves then truck will start
1991 Chevrolet S10 Estimates
- 35,000 Mile Service ($150 - 216) in Dale, IN
- Serpentine Belt Replacement ($75 - 145) in Oradell, NJ
- Differential Fluid Replacement - Front ($93 - 150) in Orocovis, PR
- 95,000 Mile Service ($150 - 216) in Dracut, MA
- Axle Shaft Replacement ($889 - 1,067) in Perronville, MI
- PCV Valve Replacement ($39 - 51) in Lyndon, IL