Noise comes and goes. Loudest in lower gears and in downshifting. Once it starts, it can be heard when shifted to neutral, but stops once clutch is depressed. Often clicking noise can be stopped by depressing clutch and re-engaging gear. Clicking is not loud. Does not sound like a mechanical grinding or rubbing.
Intermittent clicking noise when shifting in lower gears (1-3). on 1998 Honda Civic
This week's top 10
Recent Honda Civic Questions
- what causes my 2001 Honda civic stall and squeal when I turn on the A/C or heat
- How do I get the MAP sensor off? It looks like it's held on by rivets, not screw
- Engine light came on got the code to replace air control valve .
- Why does my car start sometimes?
- I have a dead gas pedal. I get nothing when I press pedal. Something fell off.
1998 Honda Civic Estimates
- Oil Pressure Sensor Replacement ($73 - 91) in Portland, TX
- Ball Joint Replacement - Upper ($216 - 429) in Monroe, NH
- Brake Drum Replacement ($228 - 370) in Clearfield, KY
- ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($121 - 325) in Frostproof, FL
- Wheel Hub Replacement ($494 - 796) in Corbettsville, NY
- Steering Knuckle Replacement ($480 - 573) in Rappahannock Academy, VA