Noise comes and goes. Loudest in lower gears and in downshifting. Once it starts, it can be heard when shifted to neutral, but stops once clutch is depressed. Often clicking noise can be stopped by depressing clutch and re-engaging gear. Clicking is not loud. Does not sound like a mechanical grinding or rubbing.
Intermittent clicking noise when shifting in lower gears (1-3). on 1998 Honda Civic
Asked by for the 1998 Honda Civic
This week's top 10
Recent Honda Civic Questions
- Does not having a gas cap cause a gas leak! I have a gas leak.
- I have a 2013 Honda Civic LX with no navigation system. Can I use GPS through bt
- I have a P2770 code, I just replaced the motor in this car and now have a code
- How often should I replace my transmission fluid
- Fair price for 30K Honda maintenance (B2 code on dashboard) in San Diego?
1998 Honda Civic Estimates
- Brake Drum Replacement ($228 - $370) in Portland, TX
- Brake Shoe Replacement ($149 - $194) in Monroe, NH
- Valve Cover Gasket Replacement ($102 - $149) in Clearfield, KY
- Heater Core Replacement ($673 - $1,050) in Frostproof, FL
- Stabilizer Bushing Replacement ($56 - $96) in Corbettsville, NY
- Stabilizer Bar Link Kit Replacement ($124 - $144) in Rappahannock Academy, VA