i can be driving sometime for a few minutes or a few hours and for no reason the ABS light will come,most of the time i can set it turned off if i restart the engine. when it comes on i am not braking just driving on wet or dry roads. this is a used tahoe that i bought 2 months age, and i had all sorts af lights come on at different times, but noly the ABS light. Thanx jimc15
intermittent ABS light. on 2001 Chevrolet Tahoe
Asked by for the 2001 Chevrolet Tahoe
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by Bret Bodas ,
February 03, 2010
You will want to start by checking the diagnostic codes in the ABS Control Module to see what is causing the light to come on. It could be a bad wheel speed sensor or even the module itself, but a diagnosis will determine that.
1 answerJuly 01, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet Tahoe Questions
- When I turn the key to start the truck up...a fuse under the hood blows.
- What is needed to repair electric door lock actuator?
- My rear window and bumper have oily residue on it. What could this be from?
- p0171 p0174 p0101 p0332-455 all showing up repeated. i sprayed MAF sensor with
- ABS engaging just before coming to complete stop. Brake vibrates.
2001 Chevrolet Tahoe Estimates
- Strut/Shock Absorber Replacement - Front ($279 - $548) in Lakeport, CA
- Brake Fluid Replacement/Flush ($83 - $104) in Poyntelle, PA
- Brake Caliper Replacement - Front ($334 - $652) in Shandon, CA
- Engine Overheating Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in West Ossipee, NH
- Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($298 - $562) in Randolph, NH
- Exhaust Muffler Replacement ($565 - $740) in Dovray, MN