The intake manifold gasket(s) is the working seal between the intake manifold and the cylinder head(s).
Symptoms of Wear or Failure
- Coolant and/or engine oil leak
- Check Engine Light may come on
- Unstable engine idle
Related Repair Advice
- In order to save weight, the intake manifold on many newer vehicles is made of a composite plastic material
- Most fluid leaks from the intake manifold area can be repaired by replacing a failed gasket. However, in some cases, the intake manifold may also require replacement.
- On some vehicles, there can be an upper and a lower intake manifold gasket. Fluid leaks will most commonly require replacement of the lower intake gasket.