instrument cluster problem on 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

instrument cluster is inacurate and needle will stick after going over 70 mph.

by in Cedar Lake, IN on November 15, 2010
4 answers 1 comment
ANSWER by on November 15, 2010
put a used claster in it
ANSWER by on November 16, 2010
This is a pretty common problem with the 03-06 Silverados. It's caused by a failing gauge motor inside your instrument cluster. It can be rebuilt - check out http://drspeedometer.com/services-i-offer/silverado-speedometer-repair for more info on the problem -V8Turbo
ANSWER by on December 21, 2010
the same problem happen to me but there is a guy on ebay that fixes them for cheap and it doesnt take him long and it will be fixed for good but also there is a recall on them if your not over 100k
COMMENT by on January 30, 2016
I have a 2003 Silverado and my rpm, speedometer and tempature gauges quit working about three years ago. I've mentioned this a few times to the Chevy dealer maintenance department where I have my truck serviced and they told me I might as well wait to get it fixed as the other gauges will probably quit working. I was not told there is a recall. I have 84,000 miles on it.
ANSWER by on April 27, 2014
Common problem with these. They can be repaired here: http://www.mrwhizard.com
All at once...lost fuel gauge, temp gauge, transmission gear indicator, and the message center flashing red battery, low fuel. Also, my diagnostic tool is unable to identify/link to the computer. S...
checked out cluter didnt see any broken wires or soldier and its not just one gauge its all at same time and when it happens all start up lights come on my questions are what wires at cluster conne...
Back light is dim on each end( looks like a bulb out) and oil gauge sticks works than won't, same with speedometer. On and off operation.
The speedometer or other instrument panel gauge may begin to work erratically at times. Our technicians tell us that the instrument cluster must be sent to a repair facility to correct this fault. ...
all gauges stopped functioning including the mileage