I try to start my car but it wont fire. While cranking the injector sprays intermintently, about once a second. It will occasionally spray constant and it will fire but Dies instantly. I have replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter and the map sensor but nothing works. Is there a reason this might happen and what else should I replace to fix this issue?
Injector is intermitent on 1990 Ford Escort
Asked by for the 1990 Ford Escort
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escort Questions
- My radio does not work. I replaced it and it still doesn't work. The fuse is OK
- car will not turn over. good battery and alternator.
- The car starts fine when cold but after it warms up it I have trouble starting
- Replaced timing belt. Car turns over & has spark but won't start. Why?
- Front driver tire has excessive inner wear?
1990 Ford Escort Estimates
- Brake Booster Replacement ($271 - $592) in Guntown, MS
- AC Recharge ($200 - $276) in Mountain View, AR
- Clutch Replacement ($850 - $1,251) in Dodson, TX
- Cabin Air Filter Replacement ($63 - $77) in Hampton, NJ
- Engine Mount Replacement ($159 - $181) in Huntington, IN
- Engine Front Cover Gasket Replacement ($187 - $219) in Winnetka, CA