Reviews for Infiniti QX4 years:

Infiniti QX4 Reviews and Owner Comments

Infiniti QX4Owner Reviews (13 reviews)
    Black Diamond, Silver Spring, MD, September 25, 2013 14:49
    I love my infiniti qx4 2002. This is my second one! It is quite expensive to maintain but it's worth the expense. Presently it's been diagnosed with po420 catalytic converter problem....my heart is sad....but still love my baby. Wish they did not discontinue the model. It is a very durable vehicle. I once saw 450,000 mileage accrued from QX4 4WD. It was still running, I fell in love....
    Visitor, San Diego, CA, July 30, 2013 18:01
    My QX4 Infinity has been giving me nothing but problem it's a 2001 the code pc160/code 300 multipy misfire 02 sensor / right cataylac converter.is this car worth the cost of repair?
    Visitor, Burbank, CA, April 15, 2013 14:26
    The problems began in early 2012, when we signed up for a new “Express Service and Oil Change” program at our local dealer. We thought that this new offering, given that it allowed us to obtain service without an appointment, would make life easier. Instead, it has caused us untold hours of lost time, and consistent struggles to get Infiniti to deliver the level of service we had come to expect. Despite multiple attempts over the course of a whole year to have the service department address problems with alarming swaying of my car at highway speeds, Infiniti repeatedly claimed nothing was wrong with my car…until they recently determined that both of my rear upper links and the driver side rear lower link (bushings) were completely worn out and needed total replacement! • I learned that several service technicians assigned to me during this period, who claimed nothing was wrong with the car, were later fired: a telling revelation that did nothing to diminish the dangerous situation in which Infiniti placed me and my family. • Technicians told me during my last visit that my power steering fluid was “dirty/degraded”, my coolant was “diluted”, and my brake fluid and automatic transmission fluid were also “dirty/degraded”. I subsequently discovered that these were fictitious fabrications, revealing an astonishing pattern of dishonest “upselling”, and oversight of issues that DID require attention. • I have had to have my CD-player replaced twice (under warranty) by Infiniti, because faulty refurbished units were installed. The last unit installed was also faulty, but Miller Infiniti refuses to replace unless I pay through the nose, now that I am conveniently out of warranty (by a matter of months). The hours I have had to spend at Infiniti over the past year, vainly trying to get the type of service Infiniti customers should receive without a second thought, have been taxing. The evasive dishonesty has been shocking, the underhanded fabrications disheartening, and the stonewalling infuriating. When I wrote to corporate, the President of the company expressed encouraging concern, but then passed the matter on to his head of US operations, who was so condescending that it was obvious one little customer's problems with their QX4 was not his problem. We had the issues repaired, at great expensive, by a trustworthy 3rd party mechanic, and have since purchased 2 vehicles: A Lexus RX350, and a BMW X5. Never again will we purchase an Infiniti.
    Visitor, Clayton, NC, March 30, 2013 10:18
    idol is low.install a new throttle sensor and is the same. is there a way to install. joe t
  • 1998 Infiniti QX4
    Visitor, Oregonia, OH, May 31, 2012 13:11
    I have had this car for 12 years. It has 267,000 miles and I just started to have problems with it. Nothing major that would have gone out on most cars with half those miles. Great car and the mechanics that have worked on them say it is one of the best cars made.
    Visitor, Houston, TX, November 18, 2011 19:30
    i have an infinity qx4 2001 2wd, the speedometer dont go beyond 45 no matter how fast i go. I changed the instrument cluster and the speed sensor inside the transmission and it didnt work. I went to nissan dealership and they diagnosed the car and said the rare passenger speed sensor is bad.When i try to inquire from infinity dealership about the parts they told me the car does not have a speed sensor at the back that what it has was abs sensor and dont have anything to do with the speedometer. can someone tell me where the speed sensor is
  • 1998 Infiniti QX4
    Visitor, Montcalm, WV, November 08, 2011 17:45
    Probably the best car I have ever owned. Approx 180,000 miles just took to Infiniti dealer for strut housing recall. Has been a wonderful car. Would definitely buy another.
    Visitor, Pelham, AL, November 07, 2011 21:38
    i have a 01 QX4 and has been nothing but a problem.. I have replaced the radatior, therostat, spark plugs, coil pack, HID box, and my most recent incident is replacing the waterpump, it also needs front shocks. ive had acouple infiniti's and they were all great but this truck gives infiniti a bad name. i have only owned it for 6 months and all these problems!! On top of all that the dang thing has wiring issues the back window will open by itsself at times the radio will turn off by its self and when i roll up the windows sometimes it will roll up then right back down?
    Visitor, Woodbridge, VA, August 20, 2011 16:34
    I own a 2002 Infinity QX4 THAT HAS HAD TO HAVE EMMISSIONS REPAIRS. HAVE HAD TO REPLACE BOTH CATALYC CONVERTERS LEFT AND RIGHT SIDES W/O'2 SENSORS (NOT CHEAP)...REPLACED LOW BEAM BALLAST CONTROL UNIT (VERY EXPENSIVE PART AND DEALER ITEM ONLY). NOW EXPERIENCING SWAYING WHILE DRIVING ON HIGHWAY...HAVE HAD NEW TIRES INSTALLED AND WHEEL ALIGNMENT DONE...THIS CAR HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT A MONEY PIT...NOW TICKING IS GOING ON FROM THE ENGINE...PRAY AND HOPE THE ENGINE IS NOT ABOUT TO GO....I GET REGULAR SCHEDULED OIL CHANGES...
  • 1999 Infiniti QX4
    Visitor, Paducah, KY, December 24, 2010 09:29
    2nd OWNER OF THIS 1999.5 QX4. HAS 172000 MILES. BY FAR BEST VEHICLE I HAVE OWNED. STILL QUIET AND TIGHT WITH JUST SCHEDULED MAINT.
    Visitor, Half Moon Bay, CA, July 16, 2010 14:46
    Very pleased with the QX4. Have not had any major issues. I wish the fuel economy was better though.
    Visitor, Lehigh Acres, FL, May 06, 2010 21:38
    QX4 2001-2003 one car for history! infinit thanks for making this car! mine has 129000 and it is still running like new! my next one is going to be the new QX56 i will keep on buying infiniti all my life :)
    thickness901, Sterling, VA, August 19, 2009 09:51
    Well, they don't make these any more...