Infiniti J30 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Infiniti J30
- Low or Unstable Idle Due to Varnish Deposits in the Throttle Body
- A "clunking noise" When the Automatic Transmission is Initially Shifted Into Forward or Reverse
- Check Engine Light Due to a Canister Purge Valve Fault
- Loss of Electrical Power to Various Accessories
- Check Engine Light With Throttle Position Switch Fault Codes
- My car won't start & I think it has something to do with the security system
- how much coolant do i put into the car and is that the same as antifreeze???????
- I had to replace the water pump after I had replaced the alternator.
- how to disconnect security system fuse
- where is the security system fuse to take out
Infiniti J30 Problems
A "clunking noise" may be noted when the vehicle is initially started and the automatic transmission is shifted into forward or reverse, Our technicians tall us this is a normal operation of the Anti lock brake system (ABS) and is of no concern.
The Check Engine Light may illuminate due to an EVAP system charcoal canister purge control valve fault. Our technicians tell us that if the valve requires replacement, a revised part is available which should be installed.
Infiniti J30 Questions
car has been running fine until yesterday. I stopped to clean the car out & when I got in to leave the car wouldn't crank. It started making a clicking noise in the dash area that was something new to me because it has never done it before & the headlights started flashing. The lights...
do i put it in the container on the left of the engine or do i put it into the radiator?????
put key i n try to start all lights and stuff come on but will not start good battery good alternator new water pump fully gassed up.
Infiniti J30 Recalls
Infiniti J30 Reviews
Great car. Feels very well built and has great fit and finish. Mine has 130k miles & it runs and drives well. They require timing belt replacements every 60-90k miles. Some electrical bugs, nothing serious. The only gripe I have is the not so great fuel economy.
Very comfortable cabin, small trunk, not as fuel efficient as you would like in today's world, but a great car. Repairs have been minimal over 16 years.
its a good comfertable riding car, But total four fuel injectors went bad in several times.Also in 120k mils my transmission went bad and i had to spend 1500k.