Infiniti J30 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Infiniti J30
- Low or Unstable Idle Due to Varnish Deposits in the Throttle Body
- A "clunking noise" When the Automatic Transmission is Initially Shifted Into Forward or Reverse
- Check Engine Light Due to a Canister Purge Valve Fault
- Check Engine Light With Throttle Position Switch Fault Codes
- Loss of Electrical Power to Various Accessories
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
Infiniti J30 Problems
A "clunking noise" may be noted when the vehicle is initially started and the automatic transmission is shifted into forward or reverse, Our technicians tall us this is a normal operation of the Anti lock brake system (ABS) and is of no concern.
The Check Engine Light may illuminate due to an EVAP system charcoal canister purge control valve fault. Our technicians tell us that if the valve requires replacement, a revised part is available which should be installed.
Infiniti J30 Questions
Parking lights go on by themselves and stay on for a few minutes, horn turns on by itself but will stop after a minute
and other electrical features such as interior lights don't work and the remote door opener doesn't operate. Anyone have
any idea what may be happening?
The starter and ignition fuse are both fine. i can feel the starter relay click when the key is turned. The starter will not turn over. I checked the power on the starter solenoid and it has power. with the car in run i can arch the solenoid and start the car definitely not ideal. the small ...
At first my stereo would cut in and out on my speakers, I could only hear it on driver front. If I kind of pressed on the face plate of stereo and hold a little pressure on it with my finger, it would come back on for a second or so. Then sometimes if i hit a bump in road it would just shut off...
Infiniti J30 Recalls
Infiniti J30 Reviews
Great car. Feels very well built and has great fit and finish. Mine has 130k miles & it runs and drives well. They require timing belt replacements every 60-90k miles. Some electrical bugs, nothing serious. The only gripe I have is the not so great fuel economy.
Very comfortable cabin, small trunk, not as fuel efficient as you would like in today's world, but a great car. Repairs have been minimal over 16 years.
its a good comfertable riding car, But total four fuel injectors went bad in several times.Also in 120k mils my transmission went bad and i had to spend 1500k.