Infiniti J30 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Infiniti J30
- Low or Unstable Idle Due to Varnish Deposits in the Throttle Body
- A "clunking noise" When the Automatic Transmission is Initially Shifted Into Forward or Reverse
- Check Engine Light Due to a Canister Purge Valve Fault
- Check Engine Light With Throttle Position Switch Fault Codes
- Loss of Electrical Power to Various Accessories
- My car will be running fine when my check engine light appears it runs rough
- Stalling out, cools, goes a bit and stalls again.
- 96 J30wont start.cranks over,fuel flow,no spark.I jammed in park while moving.
- How much time do it take to put on a knock sensor&check the idle ctrl system
- how many oxygen sensors are in the 97 j 30
Infiniti J30 Problems
A "clunking noise" may be noted when the vehicle is initially started and the automatic transmission is shifted into forward or reverse, Our technicians tall us this is a normal operation of the Anti lock brake system (ABS) and is of no concern.
The Check Engine Light may illuminate due to an EVAP system charcoal canister purge control valve fault. Our technicians tell us that if the valve requires replacement, a revised part is available which should be installed.
Infiniti J30 Questions
This stalling problem has been happening allot. I have parked the car to figure out why. I had an oil change last week and had it inspected. I was told the left catalytic convertor was leaking and would need replacing soon. I have been looking at parts online and found 2.
One does not ha...
car ran out of gas while moving. I was not exactly stopped when I inadvertently shifted to park. now it cranks over, there is fuel flow after the filter but no spark. HELP!!!
Infiniti J30 Recalls
Infiniti J30 Reviews
Great car. Feels very well built and has great fit and finish. Mine has 130k miles & it runs and drives well. They require timing belt replacements every 60-90k miles. Some electrical bugs, nothing serious. The only gripe I have is the not so great fuel economy.
Very comfortable cabin, small trunk, not as fuel efficient as you would like in today's world, but a great car. Repairs have been minimal over 16 years.
its a good comfertable riding car, But total four fuel injectors went bad in several times.Also in 120k mils my transmission went bad and i had to spend 1500k.