Infiniti G37 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Infiniti G37
- A "tapping sound" From the Drivers Side of the Engine
- Check Engine Light With Code P0603
- Vehicles With an Automatic Transmission May Experience a Harsh Downshift From 4th to 3rd Gear
- The "Brake" Warning Light May Stay Illuminated With the Parking Brake Released
- The Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Warning Light May Illuminate With Code C1142
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
Infiniti G37 Problems
A "tapping sound" may develop from the drivers side of the engine. The noise may be associated with the variable valve event and lift actuator. Our technicians tell us a software update for the powertrain control module (PCM) is available to correct this issue.
A weak battery may result in illumination of the Check Engine Light with fault code P0603 stored.
Vehicles with a 7 speed automatic transmission may experience a harsh downshift from 4th to 3rd gear on deceleration. Our technicians tell us revised control module software is available to correct this concern. On higher mileage vehicles other faults may cause transmission shifting issues. Whenever a transmission repair is performed, the control module should be checked for the latest software and updated if necessary.
Infiniti G37 Questions
i haven't tried any thing
looking to purchase a used car and just want to get an idea
I am being told that I need rear brakes with only 19,000 miles. Is this possible so soon ?
Infiniti G37 Recalls
The power window switches were incorrectly manufactured. The auto-reverse feature does not operate and a pinch injury may result before the window reverses direction. Dealers will replace the power window switches to correct this concern.
This recall affects certain vehicles equipped Occupant Classification System (OCS) control units manufactured by Continental Automotive Systems. A varistor in the OCS control unit may have been manufactured out of specification. Under certain conditions, this could interupt the signal between the OCS and the air bag control unit (ACU), causing the passenger air bag to be suppressed in an accident. If the air bag does not deploy when needed in a crash, the risk of injury is increased. Dealers will test the signal between the OCS and ACU with a special tool to verify proper function. The seat cushion containing the OCS hardware will be replaced as necessary. The recall began November 4, 2008.
Infiniti G37 Reviews
twice within the last 3 weeks, the brakes on the car did not hold. First time was lucky. Infinity promised that they took the brakes apart, and checked them thoroughly. Just had a minor accident near my home because again the brakes did not hold. The car jerked forward twice with my foot on the brake pedal, unable to stop it. Has anyone else ever had this problem?
Excellent vehicle in all aspects except for the transmission has issues finding the right gear during quick acceleration and the Paint Sucks too Soft if you breathe on it you have swirl marks, No not because of my breath (it's possible :)) Other than those two items would definitely recommend it over Lexus or BMW get so much more power and car for less money.
Great car. comfortable, everything works easily and as expected. This is my second G35/37 and if they keep improving it I'll buy a third, that is if they keep the V-6 and improve the HP and torque.