Infiniti FX50 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Infiniti FX50
- Whining Noise or Vibration From the Transfer Case While Making Slow Left or Right Turns
- A Water Leak Into the Interior May Develop
- Various GPS and Bluetooth System Related Malfunctions May Develop
- All Wheel Drive Vehicles With an Automatic Transmission May Experience a Harsh Downshift From 4th to 3rd Gear
- Check Engine Light With Code P1421
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
Infiniti FX50 Problems
All wheel drive vehicles may develop a whining noise or vibration from the transfer case while making slow left or right turns. Our technicians suggest replacing the "electronic controlled coupling" within the transfer case and not the entire unit to correct this concern
A water leak into the interior may develop. Signs of leakage may include a wet driver's floor mat, power windows and door locks (water may have damaged the Body Control Module) or rear view camera inoperative. Any potential leak should be investigated and repaired as soon as possible in order to try and prevent damage to electrical components.
Various GPS and Bluetooth system related malfunctions may develop. Our technicians recommend updating the GPS system software before attempting any other repairs.
Infiniti FX50 Recalls
Some of the bolts that attach the engine oil cooler and filter to the engine may have been manufactured below specification strength. As a result, the bolt may break at the oil filter attachment point, which can cause an engine oil leak. Loss of too much engine oil can result in loss of oil pressure and the engine could seize, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the connector bolts to correct this concern.