When parked, the brake lights come on and stay on for about 2 minutes every half hour or so whether the doors are locked or unlocked. There is a red LED security light on left side of dash board. It blinks when the doors are opened. Car manual or the chilton repair manual has no reference to it or the brake lights coming on.
in park,doors locked,unlocked, the brake lights come on and stay on 2 minutes. on 2002 Nissan Xterra
This week's top 10
Recent Nissan Xterra Questions
- I took apart exhaust pipe blow the cats and cleaned them out. Now it won't star
- I put a new thermostat in and it is still over heating/and blowing out antifreez
- missing also knocking was graduale
- After about 5 to 10 mins of driving, engine stops,re-starting is hard, pls why?
- Shut off and now won't turn over much less start. Batt is good, dash lights on
2002 Nissan Xterra Estimates
- Brake Wheel Cylinder Replacement ($235 - 299) in Blue Ball, PA
- Thermostat Replacement ($166 - 238) in Lake Norden, SD
- Starter Replacement ($325 - 425) in Tranquillity, CA
- Ignition Cap and Rotor Replacement ($95 - 133) in Farmersburg, IA
- Cooling System Leak Inspection ($44 - 56) in Lone Jack, MO
- Wheel Lug Stud Replacement ($220 - 278) in Wiergate, TX