2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Q&A

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Question: I'm having a problem with my check engine light coming one and off or flashing.

My check engine light started to come on. It would go out on its own. Now it also occ flashes. I had the spark plugs and wires replaced and then coil pack replaced. It came on again when the car was idling in driveway for several minutes as well as at a stop light for a period of time. When I accelerate the flashing light promptly goes back out or back to solid. Now it is pretty much staying on again, alternating w short periods of flashing (mostly when sitting at a light, etc). The codes were showing misfires in cylinders. Oddly, now my airbag light is staying on. I am in the process of trading my car in so I don't need the inconvenience of lights on or costly repairs. Obviously, the engine light reflecting a problem will impact the value at trade-in. The local mechanic is at a bit of a loss. -
HAVE YOUR MECH SCAN CODES AGAIN AND DRIVE VEHICLE AND GET SOME DATA STREAM INFO THAT WOULD HELP.THERE ARE NO TSB'S ON THIS ISSUE IN ALL DATA -
When a check engine light is flashing...the car is misfiring. This can cause major problems...I don't recommend continuing to drive it. I do recommend taking it to a service shop Hope this helps -
You might have a bad connection at the coil pack,,,wiring...common issue.. or a low compression engine. -