ignition system problem? on 1996 Nissan Maxima

Yesterday, after I stopped at red light then I pushed the gas but the car is hard to move forward and get vibrated about 30 seconds before it get normal ( still little bit of vibration). Are my car's spark plugs the problem? How much to replace the plugs?

by in Arlington, TX on August 06, 2009
1 answer
ANSWER by on August 06, 2009
When you push the gas pedal does the engine RPM rise but the vehicle doesn't move? If so I think the problem is more likely a transmission problem. Check the fluid level, engine running check the oil level on the transmission dipstick. Have you had the transmission oil changed in the past? If it is an ignition misfire or spark plugs braking down under load with the transmission in neutral does the engine idle smoothly? I have seen bad engine mounts tear the air induction rubber boot and cause the car to have a drivability problem as you pull away from a stop.
I have no keys at all they were stolen. And I'm basically broke. The car won't start( I removed the starting mechanism from the ignition switch. I was able to start the car but after I closed the d...
The alarm system on the Nissan will not allow the car to start. Turn the key and the alarm goes off. Would like to completely disable alarm system. Thanks for any suggestions.
At temperatures over 70 degrees, there's no ignition, no starter, no sound at all when I turn the key. I have to wait until the air temperature drops to get the engine started. It did this last sum...
I can't remove the key from the ignition of 1998 nissan maxima. The key will start the car and do every thing except go to the lock positon so that I can take it out.
I think my anti-theft is preventing me from starting my car. I lock my door and my security light comes on, when i unlock my door it goes off. so i'am thinking that it is disarmed, but when i try t...