ignition system problem? on 1996 Nissan Maxima

Yesterday, after I stopped at red light then I pushed the gas but the car is hard to move forward and get vibrated about 30 seconds before it get normal ( still little bit of vibration). Are my car's spark plugs the problem? How much to replace the plugs?

by in Arlington, TX on August 06, 2009
1 answer
ANSWER by on August 06, 2009
When you push the gas pedal does the engine RPM rise but the vehicle doesn't move? If so I think the problem is more likely a transmission problem. Check the fluid level, engine running check the oil level on the transmission dipstick. Have you had the transmission oil changed in the past? If it is an ignition misfire or spark plugs braking down under load with the transmission in neutral does the engine idle smoothly? I have seen bad engine mounts tear the air induction rubber boot and cause the car to have a drivability problem as you pull away from a stop.
1 person likes thisFlag inappropiateReply
At temperatures over 70 degrees, there's no ignition, no starter, no sound at all when I turn the key. I have to wait until the air temperature drops to get the engine started. It did this last sum...
I can't remove the key from the ignition of 1998 nissan maxima. The key will start the car and do every thing except go to the lock positon so that I can take it out.
I was an idiot and broke my buddies 99 Maxima security key I really don't want to have to pay 180 bucks for another key and tow it to Nissan, he has a 98 Maxima is there any way to change a big mis...