I bought this car about 6 months ago. Soon after buying it I noticed when I put my key in to turn car on it doesnt turn. I used to just fiddle with it a couple of times and it would work. This morning I went to go to work and it wouldnt turn at all. Took the top cover over the steering column off but cant get the ignition switch out. Anyone know how to get it to release? I know the key has to be in the run position but it still wouldnt release.
ignition switch problem on 2000 Dodge Stratus
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by Russ ,
May 15, 2009
Before you replace the ignition lock cylinder have a good look at your key, it could be that it is worn. If the key shows any signs of wear a new key may be all that is needed. The new key should be made from the factory key codes. Just making a duplicate of the old worn out key will not work.
2 answersJuly 30, 2010
1 answerJune 27, 2011
1 answerJuly 18, 2010
1 answerJanuary 24, 2016
1 answerApril 04, 2014
This week's top 10
Recent Dodge Stratus Questions
- Is my battery top mount or side cant see it and don't want to take wheel off yet
- When I try to start it just clicks
- Bad TCM/ECM on 2000 Dodge stratus 2.4 or not? Needs reprogramed?
- low engine oil pressure light is on when i stop the vehicle then off while drive
- My car runs for 10-15 mins then kills did that for awhile but now it just don't
2000 Dodge Stratus Estimates
- Oil Pan Reseal - Engine ($197 - 309) in Helmville, MT
- Wheel Alignment ($88 - 111) in Pompton Lakes, NJ
- Alternator Replacement ($336 - 722) in Plainwell, MI
- Spark Plug Replacement ($147 - 192) in Brundidge, AL
- Battery Cable Replacement ($152 - 170) in Saint Croix, IN
- Brake Caliper Replacement ($588 - 622) in Amelia Court House, VA