I bought this car about 6 months ago. Soon after buying it I noticed when I put my key in to turn car on it doesnt turn. I used to just fiddle with it a couple of times and it would work. This morning I went to go to work and it wouldnt turn at all. Took the top cover over the steering column off but cant get the ignition switch out. Anyone know how to get it to release? I know the key has to be in the run position but it still wouldnt release.
ignition switch problem on 2000 Dodge Stratus
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by Russ ,
May 15, 2009
Before you replace the ignition lock cylinder have a good look at your key, it could be that it is worn. If the key shows any signs of wear a new key may be all that is needed. The new key should be made from the factory key codes. Just making a duplicate of the old worn out key will not work.
1 answerJune 27, 2011
1 answerJuly 18, 2010
2 answersJuly 30, 2010
1 answerJanuary 24, 2016
1 answerApril 04, 2014
This week's top 10
Recent Dodge Stratus Questions
- I have a 2002 dodge stratus with a 2.4 liter 4 cylinder. I just had to replace
- I was backing up with my 2002 dodge stratus and was turning the wheel and heard
- after driving I have to wait @ least an hour for the car to start again
- Abs kicks on everytime I show down. Easy way to troubleshoot this problem pleas
- How do you repair the right front cradle?
2000 Dodge Stratus Estimates
- Strut Replacement - Rear ($420 - 498) in Helmville, MT
- Oil Leak Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Pompton Lakes, NJ
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement ($163 - 300) in Plainwell, MI
- 15,000 Mile Service ($141 - 209) in Brundidge, AL
- Steering Knuckle Replacement ($1,456 - 1,808) in Saint Croix, IN
- Cooling System Leak Inspection ($44 - 56) in Amelia Court House, VA