Ignition Lock Electrical Assembly
Symptoms of Wear or Failure
- Car may not start, start intermittently, have electrical issues, or shut off while driving
- Engine may continue to run after key has been removed
- Radio, lights, blower motor, and other electrical components may stop working
Related Repair Advice
- When starting issues arise, the battery and starter should be inspected along with the ignition switch
- If the ignition key will not turn, the fault is commonly with the ignition lock cylinder. In most cases, the lock cylinder can be replaced separately from the ignition switch.