I have an s-10 that runs for about 5-10 seconds and then shuts off. I have checked the fuel pressure and it is at about 50 pounds so I know its not fuel. could it be the ignition module or something electrical?
ignition issues on 1997 Chevrolet S10
1 answer 1 comment
ANSWER by user91328 ,
November 17, 2010
it is the fuel pump. the pressure needs to be 58-62 lbs. i am surprized it runs with 50 lbs.
Verified for the Chevrolet S1031 reports
Verified for the Chevrolet S1084 reports
2 answersNovember 28, 2010
8 answersFebruary 11, 2009
2 answersMarch 28, 2013
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet S10 Questions
- My heater temp adjustment won't work in Winter but works in Summer.
- I have a 2000 2.2liter 4cyl s10, and its got oil in the airbox
- power mirrors will not work
- it will not start when the ambient temperature gets below 32 degrees.
- if gas guage doesn't move truck wont start.if gauge moves then truck will start
1997 Chevrolet S10 Estimates
- 105,000 Mile Service ($150 - 216) in Valders, WI
- Knock Sensor Replacement ($146 - 205) in Lawtell, LA
- 140,000 Mile Service ($150 - 216) in Bradner, OH
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Front ($273 - 421) in Oak Forest, IL
- Parking Brake Shoe Replacement ($310 - 349) in Montgomery, IL
- Fuel Injector Replacement ($300 - 628) in Comerio, PR