The clutch was replaced and now the car won't go into first gear unless it is completely stopped. It did not do this until the clutch was changed. Is there something that might have happened during the clutch change that would cause this? All the other gears work fine now.
If the clutch on the manual transmission goes out could it cause the car to not on 2002 Ford Escort
2 more answers
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escort Questions
- I have a 1993 ford escort was driving down the ran out gas car died and will not
- Car cranks but won't kick over was driving car ran out of gas car turned off won
- My car is actually a 1986 Ford Contour. The checkengine unit has gone bad.
- What is wrong when a fuse blows and melts the wire behind the fuse box?
- Why wont my car start when it has a new battery only 3 months old
2002 Ford Escort Estimates
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement - Rear ($254 - 356) in Acme, WA
- MAP Sensor Replacement ($83 - 270) in Lambert, MT
- Mass Airflow Sensor Replacement ($150 - 269) in Mentmore, NM
- Throttle Position Sensor Replacement ($168 - 204) in Stark City, MO
- Valve Cover Gasket Replacement ($95 - 133) in Harmony, ME
- CV Joint Replacement ($391 - 671) in Valley Falls, KS