The clutch was replaced and now the car won't go into first gear unless it is completely stopped. It did not do this until the clutch was changed. Is there something that might have happened during the clutch change that would cause this? All the other gears work fine now.
If the clutch on the manual transmission goes out could it cause the car to not on 2002 Ford Escort
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escort Questions
- What is wrong when a fuse blows and melts the wire behind the fuse box?
- Why wont my car start when it has a new battery only 3 months old
- 1999 Ford escort has problems starting at times have to push on gas rev thn strt
- Sitting at light and car will idle high. Changes gaskets, control module.
- zx2 wont get fuel. What could be problem?
2002 Ford Escort Estimates
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement ($128 - 151) in Acme, WA
- 55,000 Mile Service ($115 - 171) in Lambert, MT
- Throttle Position Sensor Replacement ($168 - 204) in Mentmore, NM
- Brake Drum Replacement ($374 - 512) in Stark City, MO
- Horn Replacement ($170 - 183) in Harmony, ME
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($324 - 418) in Valley Falls, KS