When I come to a stop at a light or sign, the engine idling becomes uneven (200rpm to 700rpm). Car shakes. On a few occasions the engine has died. Also, on some days it takes a long time for the ignition to start the engine. Sometimes when coming to a stop, the ASR light comes on. When I start accelerating during a rolling stop, there is lack of power for a few seconds. Solved the problem of long starts by letting the air come on before turning the ignition. Don't know why it works.
Idling speed uneven especially on summer days - occasionally the engine cuts off on 1997 Mercedes-Benz E420
This week's top 10
Recent Mercedes-Benz E420 Questions
- gauges on the dashboard don't work.
- the light inside my gear console has gone out. how do check it?
- the dashboard button to the rear defroster stays on..was told the regulator is
- once I start the car I hear a buzzing sound does not stop until car is turnd off
- random missfirecode #8 what is the # order on the v8