We have a gremlin living in our 96 Sentra. It reveals itself intermittently. Its characteristics are-rough idle so rough the engine stalls. Sometimes I can feel a hesitation or drag at highway speeds. I have exhausted 3 mechanics with this problem 1 of them a top Nissan wrench in our area. We have replaced the Distributor,idle control motor and several sensors including the crank sensor. I have $800.00 into this problem and still haven't nailed it.. The car runs great when the gremlin is sleeping. HELP!!!
idles rough and stalls on 1996 Nissan Sentra
1 answerDecember 22, 2014
Verified for the Nissan Sentra62 reports
This week's top 10
Recent Nissan Sentra Questions
- Has / or is there a recall in progress for the fuel level sensor.
- Car suddenly will not start. Battery replaced and started tested good.
- Problem with speedometer, odometer & warning lights
- Rear power door lock not locking or unlocking work by hand but not power
- wont start after overnight. had cam and crank sensors replaced. didn't work.