We have a gremlin living in our 96 Sentra. It reveals itself intermittently. Its characteristics are-rough idle so rough the engine stalls. Sometimes I can feel a hesitation or drag at highway speeds. I have exhausted 3 mechanics with this problem 1 of them a top Nissan wrench in our area. We have replaced the Distributor,idle control motor and several sensors including the crank sensor. I have $800.00 into this problem and still haven't nailed it.. The car runs great when the gremlin is sleeping. HELP!!!
idles rough and stalls on 1996 Nissan Sentra
Verified for the Nissan Sentra14 reports
1 answerDecember 22, 2014
1 answerOctober 06, 2016
This week's top 10
Recent Nissan Sentra Questions
- installed use engine car started and ran fine I parked car to do other repairs.
- Why would my car stall out while idling in traffic?
- Has / or is there a recall in progress for the fuel level sensor.
- Car suddenly will not start. Battery replaced and started tested good.
- Problem with speedometer, odometer & warning lights
1996 Nissan Sentra Estimates
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Inner ($283 - 397) in Winthrop, NY
- Tire Rotation ($26 - 34) in Saint Charles, VA
- 30,000 Mile Service ($150 - 221) in Cordova, NC
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement ($225 - 267) in Fairton, NJ
- Stabilizer Bushing Replacement ($95 - 421) in Corinna, ME
- Wheel Lug Stud Replacement ($28 - 37) in Peralta, NM