i have a 1997 ford f-150 v6 4.2 and the problem i am having is when it idles it jumps between 500 and 700 rpm and acts like it wants to shut off and when its in gear at a red light it does the same and then i push my gas to go and it almost stalls out on me but when i get going it runs good. why would it be doing that
idle problems on 1997 Ford F-150
Verified for the Ford F-15062 reports
Verified for the Ford F-15015 reports
2 answersFebruary 08, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Ford F-150 Questions
- What vin codes can I use for an engine swap if I use my parts? I have a V vin
- Why did the gears 1-6 disappear from the dashboard. Everything else is there.
- What would cause my compass/outside temp display to not even light up?
- What causes the brake pedal to continue to push towards the floor after stopped?
- How can I check the blend door actuater. My heater blows Luke warm to cold air