2001 Honda CR-V Q&A

2001 Honda CR-V Question: idle problem

when i first start the car it runs good after the car starts to warm up when i stop the car stalls and atarts back up with no problem after the car warms up the idle goes up and down -
Vehicle Application: 1999 Honda CR-V EX 2.0L Customer Concern: Low idle and stalling when cold. Tests/Procedures: 1. This engine has had a lot of exhaust valve problems. The valves get tight and burn. To verify, perform a leak down test on the cylinder with the low compression. 2. Remove the valve cover and check the valve clearance. If the exhaust valve is burnt, then the cylinder head will need to be replaced or rebuilt. Potential Causes: Exhaust Valves Burnt Exhaust Valves Tech Tips: Refer to Honda TSB #03-038. -
Comment 1
How many miles do you have on the car? If I had more info, Manual trans or auto. -
Comment 2
103450 miles just had valve job done last week (GOOD CALL) mec. worked on idle,changed idle, car stalls more then before change after it drops from high idle auto trans AWD no check eng. light -
Comment 3
Vehicle Application: 2001 Honda CR-V EX 2.0L Customer Concern: The idle surges up and down when warm. Tests/Procedures: 1. Verify that the warm base idle is set correctly, the base idle speed should be 480-530 RPM with a warm engine and the Idle Air Control (IAC) valve unplugged. If the base idle cannot be set, check for a vacuum leak and verify that the IAC valve is not sticking open slightly. Also cover the throttle body. 2. Check the fast idle valve on the bottom of the throttle body. When the coolant temperature is over 90 degrees, the fast idle valve should be closed and there should be no airflow on the 7 o'clock port in front of the throttle plates. Always verify that the coolant level and coolant flow to the fast idle valve. 3. Verify that the Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor is not reading warmer than actual engine temperature. If the ECM thinks that the engine is warm, it would not expect a high idle and the idle will surge. Potential Causes: Incorrect Base Idle Speed Insufficient Coolant Level Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Sensor Leaking Engine Vacuum Fast Idle Valve Insufficient Fast Idle Valve Coolant Flow -
My check engine light just started coming on, we haven't noticed any engine problems other than a rough idle at stops in the past couple of days. We have tried oil changes, plugs, wires, distribut...
I have a 2000 Honda Crv with about 201000 miles on it. Runs great at higher speeds, at low speeds in town and at stops runs rough and shakes. Codes on scanner are the P1399 and the engine 1 misfi...
My Honda CRV kept dying after initially starting up. The Idle speed was very low. The repair shop told me it's the idle control valve. How much does it cost to normally replace these?
I just had my oil changed and a 12 point inspection done on my car 3 days ago. Tonight on the way home I noticed the oil light in my car would flash on and off red when braking and idleing. What'...
Ok so I have had this problem for months. First, my check engine came on and the reader told me...