My 91 nissan maxima idle ok at 650 to700rpm then press the gas a little and jumps over 1500rpm nothing less,... any ideas???
idle ok, but jumps to high on 1991 Nissan Maxima
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by DaveJM ,
April 19, 2011
Throttle body may be sticking - need cleaned. Idle control valve could be sticking. Concentrate your attentions on the air intake and throttle body area.
This week's top 10
1991 Nissan Maxima Estimates
- Differential Fluid Replacement - Front ($67 - 117) in Henderson, NY
- Radiator Hose Replacement ($174 - 231) in Evansville, WY
- Clutch Replacement ($907 - 1,253) in Beatrice, AL
- Air Filter Replacement ($60 - 80) in Green Lake, WI
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($830 - 883) in Hammond, OR
- HVAC Blend Door Actuator Replacement ($187 - 225) in Smithfield, ME