I am having a problem with the idle on this car. Sometime it will do fine and other times the idle will go up and down until the idle finally gets to low and it cuts off. It also seem like at time the car just loses it power. Before I got the car it had not been crank or drove in 3 years. I have put money into fixing it and other than this problem it seems to be a good car. Can any tell might be going on with my car?
idle and cutting off problem on 1996 Dodge Neon
Asked by for the 1996 Dodge Neon
2 answersJuly 07, 2010
1 answerJuly 18, 2014
1 answerFebruary 10, 2010
1 answerMay 26, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Dodge Neon Questions
- Car starts here and there and then stopped.
- I have another code I would like to see what it will tell me what the problem is
- I start car it idles then dies i have to keep gas pedal pressed when i let off
- My 04 Neon always idles a bit rough. Has 77k on it and runs great otherwise.
- how much does it cost for oil pan replacement
1996 Dodge Neon Estimates
- Ball Joint Replacement - Upper ($234 - 408) in Chebeague Island, ME
- Intake Manifold Gasket Replacement ($121 - 167) in Lahaska, PA
- Exhaust Manifold Replacement ($204 - 414) in La Ward, TX
- Brake Master Cylinder Replacement ($219 - 427) in Saint John, WA
- CV Joint Replacement ($285 - 345) in Keedysville, MD
- Active Suspension System Diagnosis & Testing ($26 - 34) in Mountain Center, CA