I have a 1985 Buick Riviera. Everything but the transmission is new. When I slow down and come to a stop at a stop light, the engine tends to race and I have to ease off the brake otherwise it will stall. Why does this happen and what can be done to eliminate it?
Idle on 1990 Buick Riviera
ANSWER by dandd,
April 10, 2009
I would check your Brake booster. It may have a vacuum leak that is allowing your engine to race. When you take your foot off the gas, it closes the booster's valve and shuts off the vacuum leak and then your engine may idle more normally.
2 answersMarch 04, 2014
Verified for the Buick Riviera14 reports
2 answersMay 19, 2009
1 answerJune 18, 2009
This week's top 10
Recent Buick Riviera Questions
- How or what would I need to get replacement keys made. What it might cost to get
- Security system is stopping t he car from starting. Would a new key work?
- why is my 1992 Buick Rivieria not starting i replaced the starter replaced the battery an battery post now i have no power starting.
- Why does my 1995 Riviera miss in overdrive going down the road
- How much would it cost to repair the back seat belts they do not retract?