I have been keeping an eye on it, and there is no evidence of a significant leak. The dealer told me that when I have this repaired, I should also have a tune-up, since some of the work required is duplicated. I think they wanted about $1,400 for the work, but I have been putting it off, as I don't really think I need it right now. I'm also debating taking it somewhere else to have the work done. Please give me your thoughts. Thanks.
I was told that my valve cover gasket was leaking. I change the oil regularly. on 2001 Toyota 4Runner
Asked by for the 2001 Toyota 4Runner
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota 4Runner Questions
- My transmission will only shift easily when the car is warm for 30 mins. minimum
- Shifting hard when warmed up, feels like a hard bump after it shifts in low gear
- the gear shift is stuck in Park. when brake is depressed.
- VSC,TRAC and engine light turn on when rear window defrost is turned on.
- How to kill VSC OFF, VSC TRAC & ENGINE lights that stay on?
2001 Toyota 4Runner Estimates
- Cabin Air Filter Replacement ($42 - $69) in Crockett, KY
- Heater Blower Motor Resistor Replacement ($87 - $145) in Newton, WI
- Brake Shoe Replacement, Resurface Drums ($251 - $354) in Morvin, AL
- Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor Replacement ($113 - $142) in New Lothrop, MI
- Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($310 - $341) in Viola, AR
- Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($284 - $375) in Golden, MS