What is this part called, and how do I fix or replace it? Last night, I had to kind of force my key into the ignition. It turned, but it felt like I may have moved something physical in there. After that, the engine wouldn't turn off when I turned the key off. I now have to disconnect the battery and pull the alternator fuse. Once I reconnect the battery, the car starts fine. I tried replacing the ignition cylinder, but that didn't change anything. What can I do from here (I really don't want to take it to a shop)? And am I doing any damage to my truck by pulling the alternator fuse to shut off the engine?
I think I broke the part btwn the ignition cylinder and ignition switch. Help! on 1995 Ford Ranger
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Ranger Questions
- I installed a heater valve in my ford ranger with a 4.0 and now it overheats
- Where to take the vehicle for body damage? And also need to get the best price
- error code read #2 spark plug or wire needed to replaced, no improvement
- Overdrivelightblinksandnowafter3weeks transmissionisslowtoshiftorhardshift
- Where is air door actuator located & do I need any special tools to replace it ?