What is this part called, and how do I fix or replace it? Last night, I had to kind of force my key into the ignition. It turned, but it felt like I may have moved something physical in there. After that, the engine wouldn't turn off when I turned the key off. I now have to disconnect the battery and pull the alternator fuse. Once I reconnect the battery, the car starts fine. I tried replacing the ignition cylinder, but that didn't change anything. What can I do from here (I really don't want to take it to a shop)? And am I doing any damage to my truck by pulling the alternator fuse to shut off the engine?
I think I broke the part btwn the ignition cylinder and ignition switch. Help! on 1995 Ford Ranger
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Ranger Questions
- When driving truck in overdrivie it cuts out like it's not firing all cylinders
- How do you replace the idle air bypass valve?
- When coming to a stop sign/light or slowing for a turn, the engine stalls.
- Intermittent popping noise while in 4WD, and acts like it's trying to disengage.
- Why can't I get 4x4 switch to turn off ?
1995 Ford Ranger Estimates
- Wheel Bearing Service ($155 - 194) in Eldred, PA
- Heater Blower Motor Replacement ($127 - 206) in Frazer, MT
- Fuel Injector Replacement ($195 - 257) in Troy, ME
- 50,000 Mile Service ($123 - 182) in Clarksburg, MO
- Power Steering System Leak Inspection ($44 - 56) in Salem, SD
- Axle Shaft Seal Replacement ($358 - 443) in Bayport, MN