What is this part called, and how do I fix or replace it? Last night, I had to kind of force my key into the ignition. It turned, but it felt like I may have moved something physical in there. After that, the engine wouldn't turn off when I turned the key off. I now have to disconnect the battery and pull the alternator fuse. Once I reconnect the battery, the car starts fine. I tried replacing the ignition cylinder, but that didn't change anything. What can I do from here (I really don't want to take it to a shop)? And am I doing any damage to my truck by pulling the alternator fuse to shut off the engine?
I think I broke the part btwn the ignition cylinder and ignition switch. Help! on 1995 Ford Ranger
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Ranger Questions
- coil pack only firing at four plugs
- It hard to start an over drive light flashes. Boggs down an motor runs bad
- I have a 1994 Ford Ranger with no spark. I have replaced the distributor, the
- The over drive light flashes steadily an when gas is aplied boggs down.
- My fan control will only work on High setting. I replaced the fan control switch