» » »

Mercedes-Benz Q&A

Ask Your Question

1990 Mercedes-Benz 300E Question: I should replace some power steering fluid in a 300E 1990



, San Diego, CA, February 01, 2011, 19:08

Do I use transmission fluid (ATF) or is there a specialized auto power steering fluid?

1 Answer
Flag This
  • Answer #1

    February 01, 2011, 19:12

    Call your local Napa Autoparts store and ask the counter person which fluid, and you can find the number here www.napaonline.com

    Flag This
  • Reply

    , February 01, 2011, 23:37

    I went to Kragen today they did not know, the year of the care seemed to be the issue. I called Mercedes Benz new dealership they were not at all helpful, unless they ar ethe ones doing the repairs- that is Kearny Mesa Mercedes parts department.

    It is not like I haven't doen the footwaord,
    The reason I cam here is to get a definitve answer from someone who has a Mercedes-

    Flag This
  • Reply

    , February 02, 2011, 01:07

    regular atf is what you need. I work on mercedes all day long. Dont waste your time and money on anything else.

    Flag This