I own a BMW X-5, 4.4 ltr V-8. I am having a issue with my brakes, they lock up after I've been driving a while. Over the past 2 months I've replaced the brake booster, abs module, vaccum hose and both rotors on the rear of the vehicle. I've taking my car to several BMW dealers who can't find out whats wrong. The problem started 2 months ago, my brake pedal was hard to push in when i was driving, then the 4x4/DSC, brake lights showed inactive status. While the lights were on, the car started to slow down without me pusihing the brakes. Eventually I damged the rear rotors, so I replaced them and took the vehicle in. The BMW tech stated that he believes it was the power brake booster or the ABS module. We'll I am currently tired of spending money and my car is still doing the same thing.
I own a BMW X-5, 4.4 ltr V-8. I am having a issue with my brakes, they lock up on 2005 BMW X5
This week's top 10
Recent BMW X5 Questions
- Would you recommend purchasing a 2003 BMW X5 with 172,000 miles on it?
- can you replace the fuel pump w/o replacing the fuel sensor
- What is wrong as the Windows go down when car is cranked.
- Code P0171-174 changed all fuel injectors, upper oxygen sensor, valve head gaske
- Power steering, pulley or pump? Makes screeching noise.
2005 BMW X5 Estimates
- Serpentine Belt Replacement ($156 - 210) in Seal Beach, CA
- Catalytic Converter Replacement ($1,346 - 1,697) in New Martinsville, WV
- Door Window Motor Replacement ($258 - 358) in Waterloo, NY
- Check Engine Light Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Radersburg, MT
- Engine Oil Pan Replacement ($1,647 - 3,450) in Hornell, NY
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($1,285 - 1,387) in Vici, OK