I own a BMW X-5, 4.4 ltr V-8. I am having a issue with my brakes, they lock up after I've been driving a while. Over the past 2 months I've replaced the brake booster, abs module, vaccum hose and both rotors on the rear of the vehicle. I've taking my car to several BMW dealers who can't find out whats wrong. The problem started 2 months ago, my brake pedal was hard to push in when i was driving, then the 4x4/DSC, brake lights showed inactive status. While the lights were on, the car started to slow down without me pusihing the brakes. Eventually I damged the rear rotors, so I replaced them and took the vehicle in. The BMW tech stated that he believes it was the power brake booster or the ABS module. We'll I am currently tired of spending money and my car is still doing the same thing.
I own a BMW X-5, 4.4 ltr V-8. I am having a issue with my brakes, they lock up on 2005 BMW X5
Asked by for the 2005 BMW X5
This week's top 10
Recent BMW X5 Questions
- I was driving when I lost compression and could not go anywhere, then it shut of
- Would you buy a BMW X5 AWD V8 that has 190k miles?
- heater control powers off and on randomly cannot turn back on.
- Do I have to replace all 6 ignition coils at once? Can I just replace the bad 1?
- What causes the Transmission Failure Warning to come on?
2005 BMW X5 Estimates
- Check Engine Light Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Seal Beach, CA
- Shock Absorber Replacement - Rear ($475 - $811) in New Martinsville, WV
- Head Gasket Replacement ($2,210 - $2,805) in Waterloo, NY
- Starter Replacement ($418 - $586) in Radersburg, MT
- Axle Shaft Seal Replacement ($257 - $321) in Hornell, NY
- Engine Front Cover Gasket Replacement ($600 - $865) in Vici, OK