After 100 miles no oil. The garage told me I needed a new oil plug, another oil change....about 30 miles no oil. Brought it back to them and they said it was burning the oil.!!! How can a car go 30 miles and burn that much oil? They said it was not leaking and my muffler had black soot which they said means it is burning it. What do you suggest?
I own a 2000 toyot mr2 spyder with 115,000 miles. I had an oil change went 100 on 2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
Asked by for the 2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by ziptie12 ,
September 05, 2012
I'd suggest making sure you don't run out of oil and get it to another shop for better diagnosis!
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota MR2 Spyder Questions
- My mr2 is barely idling. Where can i start a process of elimination?
- when the 30 amp fuse to the hpu keeps blowing the gear stays on neutral what is the problem?
- what would cause tail lights to remain on when lights & ignition are turned off.
- when getting new tires should you have an alignment done on mr2 spyder?
- Passenger window won't work
2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder Estimates
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement ($237 - $315) in Marinette, WI
- AC Condenser Replacement ($595 - $714) in New Paris, PA
- Alternator Replacement ($320 - $687) in Redlake, MN
- Radiator Replacement ($566 - $712) in Millerstown, PA
- Horn Replacement ($118 - $131) in Rhoadesville, VA
- CV Axle Assembly Replacement ($767 - $889) in Vallecitos, NM