1998 Cadillac DeVille Q&A

1998 Cadillac DeVille Question: I need to repair my window regulator in the drivers side of my 1998 cadillac.

the window will go up and down, but when going down it makes a crunching sound, like there is something in the wasy. Would like to have a look at the window regulator. -
Answer 1
You'll likely be replacing the window regulator assembly, which includes a new motor. The Dorman products are inexpensive, but durability has proven to be suspect with some designs. I'd reccomend replace with original equipment. -
Comment 1
Hello, thanks for responding. That could be.. I don't know how to take the regulator out to check it. You know it did go up and down not too long ago, then it stopped again. I cannot find a viedo of that year. I was thinking I would loosen the screws if I knew which ones, and maybe adjust the window some how.. -