I have both codes and what may be wrong, but there is a list of like 50 things it could be between the two codes... The problem is that the car starts and all but when I put it in gear, R,D,2,1 it will not engage... The other day I was driving and it just basically felt like the car was in neutral while in drive, push the gas and RPMs go up but the car doesn't gain speed or basically respond at all...Also I have check engine light on as well as the trac light being on... I really have no idea as to what direction to go in i have 140K+ miles on it. I had hoped there would be an easy fix and cheap solution for this. Any ideas or suggestions as to what steps to go in?
I have two codes 0446 and 0420 on 1999 Lexus ES300
Asked by for the 1999 Lexus ES300
This week's top 10
Recent Lexus ES300 Questions
- Squealing noise when I start up the car. sound began 3 days ago.
- what are the light bulbs in the instrument cluster
- Brakes were spongy and had little brakes.I changed the brake booster and can't
- Won't start. Is it possible that the key alarm code was lost due to new battery?
- Too much gas coming out Exhaust
1999 Lexus ES300 Estimates
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement - Front ($193 - $269) in Salyersville, KY
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Front ($466 - $628) in Cleveland, AR
- Brake Caliper Replacement - Front ($379 - $884) in Albion, RI
- Oil Pump Replacement ($763 - $1,051) in Jonesville, LA
- Engine Front Cover Gasket Replacement ($334 - $396) in Saint Michael, PA
- Throttle Body Replacement ($723 - $1,217) in Campbell, NY