Jaguar Q&A

2005 Jaguar S-Type Question: I have an intermittent problem no one has been able to answer

Jamesh80228, 3.0L V6, Denver, CO, January 29, 2014, 20:21

Intermittently, I get my fault lights coming on and car goes into limp home mode. I get park brake fault, dcs unavailable, engine malfunction, and on the other side I get cruise unavailable. The idle shoots up to 2000 rpm. Car will not go over an idle even in drive. Sometimes I can restart it and it clears right up, other times it will not. I have changed the battery as suggested by the jaguar forums, but even they are scratching their heads. I am ready to trade this thing in, if I can get it running again. Please help.

pushrod January 29, 2014, 21:00

Had it scanned? Not for codes but live data.

Jamesh80228, January 29, 2014, 21:07

No I have not. Don't know anyone with the equipment to do it other than jaguar. Can't afford that at this exact moment.

pushrod, January 29, 2014, 21:14

Know any good techs around your area? Check at the top of this page for top shops in your zip. Lot of times while viewing live data an experenced tech can catch the fault as it occurs. Run a movie for viewing later in freeze frame if needed!! As far as cost, that has no guide to go by.

Jamesh80228, January 29, 2014, 21:26

Thank you. Will get this done hopefully Friday!

pushrod, January 29, 2014, 21:28

Sure thing.

Jamesh80228, January 29, 2014, 22:15

We just found a p2135 code while resetting the computer so I could drive home

Greg's Orange Auto (13269 Answers) , Orange, CA - (714) 361-9386
    globalhelper January 30, 2014, 06:36

throttle position sensor failure,could be sensor or wiring.