I have a starting problem on 2001 Volkswagen Cabrio

I replaced the air mass, coolant sensor coil, wires .Car will start and run sometimes. I seem to have an erratic weak spark. What else besides the coil will cause this thanks tom

by in Fort Collins, CO on March 19, 2014
1 answer 4 comments
ANSWER by on March 19, 2014
VW is known for coil problems. Are there any codes in the computer? I have also seen a few computer reflash TSB's from factory. Sorry it is tough to say without some diagnostic information. If you can bring it in, I am sure we can help. Thanks, Scott
COMMENT by on March 20, 2014
I got it to start now but if I give it gas it stalls
COMMENT by on March 21, 2014
Could be a fuel pump, need to check for correct pressure. but could also be a mass air flow sensor, did you install new or reman?
COMMENT by on March 21, 2014
Replace with new but still had the same problem. I'll check the fuel pump Thanks
COMMENT by on June 04, 2014
My car is doing the same thing. I was told to replace the mass air flow sensor but haven't done it yet. Since it didn't work for you I don't think that was my problem. Did changing the fuel pump work?
I am working a 2001 V.W. Cabrio and we stuck a new battery in but now it is not starting when I turn the Key. At first I thought it was just the battery but now I'm wondering if it is also the star...
I think that it could possibly have something to do with a part in the shift. Could it be caused by a faulty electro magnet? If not what could it be. When the key is turned no sound is made. I ...
Car will not start, cranks. Wont turn over. Replaced the fuel filter today. Thought I ran out of gas,added gas & fuel cleaner. Same issue. Not too cold here in Tucson, mild days,cooler nights. What...
ok so the car was working perfect untill it rained. the car has a cone air filter and water got into my intake. so i pulled the plugs out to get the water out. after this ran perfect for about a we...
drove for 1 hour pulled into driveway and died. restarted and left in garage overnight and now won't start.