2001 Volkswagen Cabrio Q&A

2001 Volkswagen Cabrio Question: I have a starting problem

I replaced the air mass, coolant sensor coil, wires .Car will start and run sometimes. I seem to have an erratic weak spark. What else besides the coil will cause this thanks tom -
VW is known for coil problems. Are there any codes in the computer? I have also seen a few computer reflash TSB's from factory. Sorry it is tough to say without some diagnostic information. If you can bring it in, I am sure we can help. Thanks, Scott -
Comment 1
I got it to start now but if I give it gas it stalls -
Comment 2
Could be a fuel pump, need to check for correct pressure. but could also be a mass air flow sensor, did you install new or reman? -
Comment 3
Replace with new but still had the same problem. I'll check the fuel pump Thanks -
Comment 4
My car is doing the same thing. I was told to replace the mass air flow sensor but haven't done it yet. Since it didn't work for you I don't think that was my problem. Did changing the fuel pump work? -
I am working a 2001 V.W. Cabrio and we stuck a new battery in but now it is not starting when I turn the Key. At first I thought it was just the battery but now I'm wondering if it is also the star...
I think that it could possibly have something to do with a part in the shift. Could it be caused by a faulty electro magnet? If not what could it be. When the key is turned no sound is made. I ...
Car will not start, cranks. Wont turn over. Replaced the fuel filter today. Thought I ran out of gas,added gas & fuel cleaner. Same issue. Not too cold here in Tucson, mild days,cooler nights. What...
ok so the car was working perfect untill it rained. the car has a cone air filter and water got into my intake. so i pulled the plugs out to get the water out. after this ran perfect for about a we...
drove for 1 hour pulled into driveway and died. restarted and left in garage overnight and now won't start.