The noise will last around 8-10 seconds and then go away. Is it a lifter, evac pump or what? It's not valves ticking...to loud for that. It has done this for ages and is really annoying, although it doesn't seem to be hurting anything (yet that is).
I have a pecking noise when I crank it cold. on 2005 Toyota 4Runner
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota 4Runner Questions
- In hot weather brakes feel like their sticking, why?
- x-ray suspension system (not very common on 4Runner) needs replacement
- I her a rattling noise in rear end and idle and it goes away when I get speed up
- Why has my vehicle stop accelerating over 5mph?
- Slight vibration at Hywy speed. New tires (Mtchln) bal. svrl times. Spct Mchncl