The noise will last around 8-10 seconds and then go away. Is it a lifter, evac pump or what? It's not valves ticking...to loud for that. It has done this for ages and is really annoying, although it doesn't seem to be hurting anything (yet that is).
I have a pecking noise when I crank it cold. on 2005 Toyota 4Runner
Asked by for the 2005 Toyota 4Runner
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota 4Runner Questions
- Eng Trac off vsc light is on I can take cable off batt it go off sho no code?
- Side to side wobble under 8 mph. Steering wheel not jerking.
- I have cylender that is. Not firing and when taking ng off heads #1 was like ne
- Will not start when cold temperature, what will cause that
2005 Toyota 4Runner Estimates
- Intake Manifold Gasket Replacement ($330 - 597) in San Ardo, CA
- Brake Rotor Replacement ($356 - 567) in Custer City, PA
- Differential Fluid Replacement - Rear ($76 - 128) in Gregory, SD
- Crankshaft Position Sensor Replacement ($321 - 453) in Andreas, PA
- Engine Control Module Replacement ($1,002 - 1,497) in Charles City, VA
- Engine Front Cover Replacement ($2,584 - 3,010) in Jet, OK