The noise will last around 8-10 seconds and then go away. Is it a lifter, evac pump or what? It's not valves ticking...to loud for that. It has done this for ages and is really annoying, although it doesn't seem to be hurting anything (yet that is).
I have a pecking noise when I crank it cold. on 2005 Toyota 4Runner
Asked by for the 2005 Toyota 4Runner
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota 4Runner Questions
- How to kill VSC OFF, VSC TRAC & ENGINE lights that stay on?
- Abs light n alarm sound on constantly can't drive vehicle brake don't work
- Vents blowing cold air.engine stops, I put water in the radiator and it runs out
- ABS control module p/n 8954035270 replace . Is it need to programmed by dealer.
- vsc trac off/vsc off lights turn on when I put it in gear.How do I putlights out
2005 Toyota 4Runner Estimates
- Valve Cover Gasket Replacement ($411 - $558) in San Ardo, CA
- Check Engine Light Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Custer City, PA
- Fuel Injector Replacement ($451 - $590) in Gregory, SD
- Steering Rack Replacement ($707 - $1,025) in Andreas, PA
- Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($569 - $605) in Charles City, VA
- Horn Replacement ($107 - $141) in Jet, OK