Vehicle bogs out under cruise (at times), let off throttle and accelerate again still does it and eventually regains power. It has the 2.5 liter with a 5spd m/t. I've replaced both fuel and air filters and no change and at time when coming to a stop it stay idling high for 15 or so seconds (at times)using good fuel, cleaned mas airflow sensor in air filter box, It threw a code for a o/2 sensor the other day but went out the next day driving to work. this problem has been occuring for over a year and now doing it more frequentley.
I have a drive ability problem on 1998 Ford Ranger
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Ranger Questions
- When driving truck in overdrivie it cuts out like it's not firing all cylinders
- How do you replace the idle air bypass valve?
- When coming to a stop sign/light or slowing for a turn, the engine stalls.
- Intermittent popping noise while in 4WD, and acts like it's trying to disengage.
- Why can't I get 4x4 switch to turn off ?
1998 Ford Ranger Estimates