I was driving home a month ago and noticed my power was cutting out and it would die and I had to jump so I found out the alternator was bad. I havnt had the money to get it fixed until now so I figured if I charged the battery it would still at leist start but when I turn the the key to start it makes a sound like the starter is engaging on the flywheel and it turns all the pullies in front of the block but only like a quarter of an inch and that's it. does anybody have any sort of diagnosis for this?
I have a bad alternator and a month ago would start if jumped, now it wont start on 2001 Jaguar XJ8
This week's top 10
Recent Jaguar XJ8 Questions
- Sometimes my car says cruise control not available
- My car lis leaking coolant and motor oil leak . Should i take it to the Jaguar D
- What needs to be checked when you get an error message for a park brake fault?
- restriced profromance, indicators light, amber in color, started after adding ga
- Tested Generator, battery and cables. All Good. Why won't Battery charge
2001 Jaguar XJ8 Estimates
- 90,000 Mile Service ($244 - 379) in Winnisquam, NH
- Serpentine Belt Replacement ($135 - 210) in Fairland, IN
- MAP Sensor Replacement ($138 - 214) in Los Banos, CA
- Exhaust Manifold Gasket Replacement ($341 - 471) in Bunker Hill, WV
- Trans Oil Cooler Line Replacement ($310 - 492) in Columbus, NJ
- HVAC Blend Door Actuator Replacement ($225 - 241) in Turkey Creek, LA