I was driving home a month ago and noticed my power was cutting out and it would die and I had to jump so I found out the alternator was bad. I havnt had the money to get it fixed until now so I figured if I charged the battery it would still at leist start but when I turn the the key to start it makes a sound like the starter is engaging on the flywheel and it turns all the pullies in front of the block but only like a quarter of an inch and that's it. does anybody have any sort of diagnosis for this?
I have a bad alternator and a month ago would start if jumped, now it wont start on 2001 Jaguar XJ8
This week's top 10
Recent Jaguar XJ8 Questions
- My car lis leaking coolant and motor oil leak . Should i take it to the Jaguar D
- What needs to be checked when you get an error message for a park brake fault?
- restriced profromance, indicators light, amber in color, started after adding ga
- Tested Generator, battery and cables. All Good. Why won't Battery charge
- How can fuel leak into the crankcase other than threw leaking fuel injectors?
2001 Jaguar XJ8 Estimates
- Spark Plug Replacement ($254 - 344) in Winnisquam, NH
- AC Condenser Replacement ($818 - 1,235) in Fairland, IN
- 20,000 Mile Service ($118 - 192) in Los Banos, CA
- Brake Pad Replacement ($177 - 249) in Bunker Hill, WV
- Brake Pads Replacement ($143 - 275) in Columbus, NJ
- Body Control Module Replacement ($1,470 - 1,500) in Turkey Creek, LA