I HAVE A AZTEK AND IT HAS A SHIFTING PROBLEM on 2001 Pontiac Aztek

THE GAS GAGE DONT WORK SOON AFTER THE TEMP GAGE WENT OUT I FIXED THAT IT WAS THE THERMAS. THEN SOON AFTER THAT THE SHIFTING STARTED TO BUCK AND IT WOULD SAY I WAS GOING 25 MPH WHEN I WAS REALLY GOING 50 AND FROM THERE ON IT JUST KEEPS GETTING WORSE I HAD A FRIEND TAKE IT APART AND HE SAID A NEEDLE WAS SHAVED DOWN TO NOTHING AND THAT MIGHT BE THE PROBLEM BUT THAT WAS IN THE TRANNY DOES THAT MAKE SINCE HAS ANYONE EVER HAD THIS PROBLEM PLEASE HELP I NEED MY CAR BACK ON THE ROAD I WILL TAKE ANY THOUGHTS

by in Port Charlotte, FL on August 13, 2011
0 answers
I have had my Aztek in several times to fix this problem to no avail.If I could not turn the ignition off all the way - the dealership said it was a broken wire. It worked for about two weeks this ...
Was really noticable in long stop-go traffic. Has 150,000 miles.
I'm experiencing harsh / rough shifting usually at lower speeds. I'm also noticing a delay (not always) for the car to kick into gear from a stand still. The car only has about 68,000 miles.
idle is at 3000rpm in park,run 45mph without touching the ggas and have to let off the gas to let trans shift.engine runs great going down the road