I HAVE A AZTEK AND IT HAS A SHIFTING PROBLEM on 2001 Pontiac Aztek

THE GAS GAGE DONT WORK SOON AFTER THE TEMP GAGE WENT OUT I FIXED THAT IT WAS THE THERMAS. THEN SOON AFTER THAT THE SHIFTING STARTED TO BUCK AND IT WOULD SAY I WAS GOING 25 MPH WHEN I WAS REALLY GOING 50 AND FROM THERE ON IT JUST KEEPS GETTING WORSE I HAD A FRIEND TAKE IT APART AND HE SAID A NEEDLE WAS SHAVED DOWN TO NOTHING AND THAT MIGHT BE THE PROBLEM BUT THAT WAS IN THE TRANNY DOES THAT MAKE SINCE HAS ANYONE EVER HAD THIS PROBLEM PLEASE HELP I NEED MY CAR BACK ON THE ROAD I WILL TAKE ANY THOUGHTS

by in Port Charlotte, FL on August 13, 2011
0 answers
When I am driving any distance when I take a complete stop and take off again it won't shift from 2nd to 3rd gear. However when i shut the engine off and restart it and drive any distance without m...
I have had my Aztek in several times to fix this problem to no avail.If I could not turn the ignition off all the way - the dealership said it was a broken wire. It worked for about two weeks this ...
Was really noticable in long stop-go traffic. Has 150,000 miles.
I'm experiencing harsh / rough shifting usually at lower speeds. I'm also noticing a delay (not always) for the car to kick into gear from a stand still. The car only has about 68,000 miles.
p0641 high idle.3000rpm cold and 2000rpm when engine is hot after a week you now have to let off the gas to get trans to shift.it will go 45 mph without touching the gas