I checked every fuse in panel...all are working. Noting that the vehicle hasnt been moved for seven yrs....(1) I have no power to the passenger power window (I checked switch and have power to). (2)I have no power to the side view mirrors (I have no power to the switch mounted on the doghouse). (3)I have no power to the wiper motor and washer pump (the fuse is good). (4) I have no ceiling (eight..mini-)lights. Does anyone have or had a 95-96 conversion van (Majestic) and how did u fix these problems?
I have a 95 Chev G20 Conversion Van with 83000 miles but sitting in AZ for 7 yrs on 1995 Chevrolet G Series Van (G20)
by mrdinc2013 in Vista, CA on July 07, 2013
1 answer 4 comments
ANSWER by pushrod on July 07, 2013
Mice love to make themselves at home in a parked vehicle! Look for signs. Also they love to chew on wires etc.!!! (Possible)
Appreciate your reply. But this vehicle was sitting in a parking lot in a condominium complex for seven years. Ive been under the dash and all wires look untouched by animal or human hands. Would a Chiltons manual on this van have electrical schematics as to further diagnose? And where would you look based on good fuses and wiring?
No manual aval. for a conversion! Only thing i can suggest is just keep looking. Also good luck as there is no common denominator for this kind of problem.
Thanks. As i stated I smoked the cigarette lighter with new receptacle today by placing a hardwire in the horn fuse area on the panel, connecting the battery, and quickly removed hardwire after seeing a cloud of smoke coming from the cigarette lighter area. Fortunately I peeled it 15inches back to where it merged with the main harness going to radio and sealed off with caps and elec tape. Radio still works! Before seeing the smoke I was pressing the horn ...could here the relay ...and horn was working...but relay sound started becoming dim as the heat in the wires got hotter and hotter...then I pulled the hardwire out when I seen smoke! And I noticed when I tested the leftside of fuse connection with a test light, there was no power, but on the right side there was power. Finally upon inspection of the hardwire that I used to bridge the horn connection at the fuse panel, the left side (not right) end of wire was burned. Again tested power on right side of fuse but no power on left. In addition, before the hardwire incident, anytime I placed a horn fuse in the fuse panel...when I connected the positive battery cable I would get a large spark reaction before securing the battery cable down....as a result fuse would blow. And with battery cables attached and just replacing horn fuse would be an instantaneous blow. Any clues based on these awkward details?
If i read this right you have a fuse with power on one side but not the other. If this is what you are saying, that fuse is open or blown. Unhook the horn and try a new fuse. If it blowes, then pull off horn button and start tracing from there. Hell, if you have to, smoke it again, that will narrow it down!