The first time I had a problem I took my car into the shop and got a whole new power steering pump, a tune up, and new tires (spent a lot of money). I recently encountered the same problem when I turn and it has now happened when I go from park to reverse. When I turn, occasionally the steering locks up and it feels like my power steering is gone, all my warning lights on my dash come on and I put the car in park, shut it off and it works fine. The last two times it's happened has been when I was in park and then tried to put it into reverse, the car is on and the engine is on but something locks up to where I can't steer my car. I called my mechanic and asked him what he thinks and I'm bringing it in, but I don't want to spend anymore money than I have to. Does anyone know what my problem could be?
I have a 2003 Nissan Altima, I have had problems with the steering when turning. on 2003 Nissan Altima
1 more answer
This week's top 10
Recent Nissan Altima Questions
- Front end shaky at highway speed, tires balanced recently,not a smooth ride
- how much is it to fix a push to start issue on a 2009 nissan altima
- Can’t shut off 1998 Nissan Altima’s alarm
- Engine cranks but will not start. Fob battery good.
- BLUE SMOKE WHEN I TURN IT ON. COULD BE A PISTON RING? HOW MUCH TO REPAIR?
2003 Nissan Altima Estimates
- Air Conditioning Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Saginaw, MO
- Transmission Fluid Change ($139 - 180) in Trenton, UT
- Electrical System Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Hunt, TX
- Coolant Replacement/Flush ($86 - 108) in Old Mission, MI
- Wheel Hub Assembly Replacement ($217 - 314) in Capulin, NM
- Suspension Coil Spring Replacement ($138 - 674) in Rangeley, ME