Nissan Q&A

2003 Nissan Altima Question: I have a 2003 Nissan Altima, I have had problems with the steering when turning.

hgraham, 3.5L V6, Overland Park, KS, January 18, 2013, 13:52

The first time I had a problem I took my car into the shop and got a whole new power steering pump, a tune up, and new tires (spent a lot of money). I recently encountered the same problem when I turn and it has now happened when I go from park to reverse. When I turn, occasionally the steering locks up and it feels like my power steering is gone, all my warning lights on my dash come on and I put the car in park, shut it off and it works fine. The last two times it's happened has been when I was in park and then tried to put it into reverse, the car is on and the engine is on but something locks up to where I can't steer my car. I called my mechanic and asked him what he thinks and I'm bringing it in, but I don't want to spend anymore money than I have to. Does anyone know what my problem could be?

January 18, 2013, 14:45

could be a bad steering rack

January 18, 2013, 15:02
     Journeyman

Since you say all the dash lights come on it sounds as if you may have an electrical issue.