I have a 2002 Volkswagon Jetta it was trying to run hot but never did. We had a freeze last week and my heater stopped blowin hot air just cold air. And it seem like it was trying to run hot even more. I received severally different opinons from different mechanics. They said it could either be my thermostate, the heating cord, and i they all said i had a leak. So i brung it to a mechanic that said he knows how to fix it. He changed the thermostate and changed the part that was leaking. But my car is still running hot. So he changed the thermostate again due to the first one he used was not a high performing thermostate. But my car is still running hot. He then said that he didnot know what the problem could be. He said it might be the water pump but he is not sure. I told him that another mechanic said it might be the heater cord. But he said he was sure that it wasnt the heater cord. But my heater only blow hot air when the car is running hot. I dont know what else to do, i have brung my car home and dont know what else to do.
I have a 2002 Volkswagon Jetta that is running HOT!!!!! on 2002 Volkswagen Jetta
Asked by for the 2002 Volkswagen Jetta
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Jetta Questions
- loud knocking sound and now car wont turn over...what do I check first?
- My jetta is making a loud knocking sounds under my feet between gears? CV shaft?
- Car dash lights and door chime come on for 10 seconds short in wires under dash.
- Engine light is on and cant pass a smog; leaking oil very slightly
- How many gallons is my gas tank & how many miles I get on a full tank
2002 Volkswagen Jetta Estimates
- Brake Pad Replacement, Resurface Rotors ($255 - $321) in Minto, ND
- Cabin Air Filter Replacement ($32 - $76) in West Danville, VT
- Engine Oil Light Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Cheltenham, PA
- Tire Rotation ($26 - $34) in Hunt, NY
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($761 - $812) in Smithshire, IL
- Wheel Hub Assembly Replacement ($429 - $501) in Garfield Heights, OH