I replaced the engine with 1 out of a 1995 Dodge Ram van but I had problems getting the crankshaft wheel to align to the flywheel. I finally got it to bolt up but I think the wheel was bent in shipping. Well long story short the truck wont start. It cranks and fires but seems like the time is off. When it does start it backfires and sometimes afterfires then dies. Would a bent crankshaft sensor wheel cause this?
I have a 1995 Dodge Ram 1500 5.2l I think the crankshaft position wheel is bent on 1995 Dodge Ram 1500
This week's top 10
Recent Dodge Ram 1500 Questions
- Why do I have condensation on the inside of my windshield
- How to get my truck to crank it turns over but won't start I've try all I know
- Engine shaking and white smoke coming from muffler , what could cause this ?
- it runs until it gets hot then it dies and if let it sit for a while it starts
- When the heater is on and I switch from vent to defroster AC pump comes on is This normal?