I will be driveing and all seems well and it will just die on me. sometimes it will start right away. and sometimes not. what could be the problem?
I dont know if its fuel filter or fuel pump on 2002 Ford Escort
Many things could cause the issue. When it dies, it would be good if you had a fuel pressure gauge on it to see for sure if it is a fuel problem or something else. Don't change anything until you are sure it is the right fix.
1 answerOctober 13, 2010
1 answerMarch 25, 2015
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escort Questions
- I have a 1993 ford escort was driving down the ran out gas car died and will not
- Car cranks but won't kick over was driving car ran out of gas car turned off won
- My car is actually a 1986 Ford Contour. The checkengine unit has gone bad.
- What is wrong when a fuse blows and melts the wire behind the fuse box?
- Why wont my car start when it has a new battery only 3 months old
2002 Ford Escort Estimates
- Camshaft Position Sensor Replacement ($214 - 277) in Acme, WA
- Radiator Replacement ($358 - 471) in Lambert, MT
- Air Filter Replacement ($37 - 66) in Mentmore, NM
- Intake Manifold Gasket Replacement ($210 - 293) in Stark City, MO
- Stabilizer Bushing Replacement ($156 - 195) in Harmony, ME
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($519 - 688) in Valley Falls, KS