Multiple thud sound on the first gear only specially when the road is going up. The thud could only heard on the first gear and after that no more. My mechanic said it might be the transfer case, He is charging me too much for this that i can't afford to spend for this old car, please kindly help or any suggestion. Can you tell me if the mech.is right, Thanks in advanced.
I could hear a very loud multiple thud sound under the car on the first gear. on 2001 BMW X5
This week's top 10
Recent BMW X5 Questions
- Would you recommend purchasing a 2003 BMW X5 with 172,000 miles on it?
- can you replace the fuel pump w/o replacing the fuel sensor
- What is wrong as the Windows go down when car is cranked.
- Code P0171-174 changed all fuel injectors, upper oxygen sensor, valve head gaske
- Power steering, pulley or pump? Makes screeching noise.
2001 BMW X5 Estimates
- Sway Bar End Link Replacement - Front ($152 - 225) in Prospect, KY
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Rear ($563 - 776) in East Vassalboro, ME
- Fuel Pump Replacement ($444 - 524) in Raeford, NC
- Manual Transmission Fluid Change ($76 - 128) in Piasa, IL
- Steering Knuckle Replacement ($176 - 478) in Wrightsville, PA
- Engine Oil Pan Replacement ($1,735 - 3,307) in Michigan Center, MI