Multiple thud sound on the first gear only specially when the road is going up. The thud could only heard on the first gear and after that no more. My mechanic said it might be the transfer case, He is charging me too much for this that i can't afford to spend for this old car, please kindly help or any suggestion. Can you tell me if the mech.is right, Thanks in advanced.
I could hear a very loud multiple thud sound under the car on the first gear. on 2001 BMW X5
This week's top 10
Recent BMW X5 Questions
- Code P0171-174 changed all fuel injectors, upper oxygen sensor, valve head gaske
- Power steering, pulley or pump? Makes screeching noise.
- I have a 2004 bmw x5 4.4 I want to know how do i turn the 4x4 OFF
- the a/c is blowing hot air and reset button won't work. replaced power control
- The car when I drive more than 30 minutes star shaking but it not motor in the
2001 BMW X5 Estimates
- Starter Replacement ($418 - 586) in Prospect, KY
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement - Front ($593 - 683) in East Vassalboro, ME
- Wheel Alignment ($140 - 178) in Raeford, NC
- Heater Blower Motor Resistor Replacement ($176 - 239) in Piasa, IL
- Engine Mount Replacement ($519 - 655) in Wrightsville, PA
- Variable Valve Timing Control Solenoid Replacement ($401 - 467) in Michigan Center, MI