Multiple thud sound on the first gear only specially when the road is going up. The thud could only heard on the first gear and after that no more. My mechanic said it might be the transfer case, He is charging me too much for this that i can't afford to spend for this old car, please kindly help or any suggestion. Can you tell me if the mech.is right, Thanks in advanced.
I could hear a very loud multiple thud sound under the car on the first gear. on 2001 BMW X5
This week's top 10
Recent BMW X5 Questions
- I have a 2004 bmw x5 4.4 I want to know how do i turn the 4x4 OFF
- the a/c is blowing hot air and reset button won't work. replaced power control
- The car when I drive more than 30 minutes star shaking but it not motor in the
- Bulb socket melted due to heat. Can it be replaced?
- I changed the battery in my vehicle and now it turns over but won't start.
2001 BMW X5 Estimates
- Brake Caliper Replacement - Front ($572 - 1,813) in Prospect, KY
- Battery Replacement ($231 - 336) in East Vassalboro, ME
- Check Engine Light Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Raeford, NC
- Exhaust Manifold Replacement ($977 - 1,641) in Piasa, IL
- Valve Cover Gasket Replacement ($232 - 806) in Wrightsville, PA
- Suspension Ball Joint Replacement ($178 - 210) in Michigan Center, MI