I can't shift out of park when it is cold. The ACC trick does not work either. When it warms up to 45 or higher it works fine. I'm wondering if there is a linkage that needs to be lubricated?
I can't shift out of park. on 1996 Mercury Villager
1 answerMarch 21, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Mercury Villager Questions
- under the steering wheel
- oil leake, friend says its harmonic gasket behind pulley. how much repair?
- I Have replaced the distributor but now it won't start it turns over but won't
- Oil leakage under carriage. Can't seem to find where it's coming from.
- What will cause the engine to suddenly start knocking without any noises prior?
1996 Mercury Villager Estimates
- Wheel Alignment ($88 - 111) in Long Creek, SC
- 55,000 Mile Service ($150 - 216) in Fort Sheridan, IL
- Shock Absorber Replacement - Rear ($180 - 295) in Kooskia, ID
- Heater Blower Motor Replacement ($178 - 252) in Port Neches, TX
- CV Joint Replacement ($491 - 638) in Mifflinville, PA
- Valve Cover Gasket Replacement ($334 - 402) in Crestwood, KY