this car was running rather good only that you need to put oil when you drive for like 20 miles, only when my son drove to his work which is 34.4 miles from where we live and i guess he didn't check or put oil before he drove the 34.4 miles back home, he said that about 5 miles before he reached our house the car was showing sign of being drained out the head lights became dim, when he steps on the gas pedal to speed up it was like it went slow then it is like its oxygen opened up and moved a little faster, but then still driving it around it would start up and the engine sounds like it is congested and the exhaust has the strong smell of gasoline, and then now it is choking when you are taking of and slow up a small hill and on a stop lite, when we step on the gas pedal because it sounds and feels like it is gonna die out, you smell that strong gasoline mixed with exhaust smell
i am not sure if it needs a tune up on 1991 Honda Civic
2 answersMay 25, 2009
This week's top 10
Recent Honda Civic Questions
- How do I get the MAP sensor off? It looks like it's held on by rivets, not screw
- Engine light came on got the code to replace air control valve .
- Why does my car start sometimes?
- I have a dead gas pedal. I get nothing when I press pedal. Something fell off.
- Cooliant resvior tank starts to gurrgle boiling after driveing.
1991 Honda Civic Estimates
- Heater Blower Motor Replacement ($122 - 166) in Phelps, NY
- Inspection I ($239 - 383) in Limon, CO
- AC Compressor Replacement ($896 - 1,069) in Auburndale, MA
- ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($121 - 325) in Gill, CO
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($409 - 620) in Ryegate, MT
- Wheel Hub Replacement ($473 - 555) in Belle Plaine, KS