I first noticed that my radio stopped working, then my power steering went out. A while later i noticed that when i pressed the brake pedal the dash lights would flicker and the hvac would click on and off. also as im driving down the road at any speed i would lose power and almost get whiplash. i have checked the voltage while the car is running and it is a steady 14.5 volts but then again when all these things start happening i would pull the ground wire off the battery and it would die. im confused, is it the alternator, a short, ground or all of the above?
I am having a charging system issue.Lights flickering on dash,power steering bad on 1997 Lincoln Continental
- 1997 Lincoln Continental Repair and Maintenance
- 1997 Lincoln Continental Maintenance Schedule
- 1997 Lincoln Continental Problems(14)
- 1997 Lincoln Continental Repair Estimates
- 1997 Lincoln Continental Q&A(48)
- 1997 Lincoln Continental Recalls(1)
- 1997 Lincoln Continental Shops
- 1997 Lincoln Continental Reviews(2)
This week's top 10
Recent Lincoln Continental Questions
- Bank 1 system lean dtc code wont go away. I have new spark plugs new plug wires
- Transmission problems in my car. Any ideas tranny looks fine
- Headlights and night taillights won't work. Headlight switch the cause?
- Car stalls when it get warm
- The freon was emptied out but putting Freon back in it doesn't work either.