I first noticed that my radio stopped working, then my power steering went out. A while later i noticed that when i pressed the brake pedal the dash lights would flicker and the hvac would click on and off. also as im driving down the road at any speed i would lose power and almost get whiplash. i have checked the voltage while the car is running and it is a steady 14.5 volts but then again when all these things start happening i would pull the ground wire off the battery and it would die. im confused, is it the alternator, a short, ground or all of the above?
I am having a charging system issue.Lights flickering on dash,power steering bad on 1997 Lincoln Continental
- 1997 Lincoln Continental Repair and Maintenance
- 1997 Lincoln Continental Maintenance Schedule
- 1997 Lincoln Continental Problems(14)
- 1997 Lincoln Continental Repair Estimates
- 1997 Lincoln Continental Q&A(47)
- 1997 Lincoln Continental Recalls(1)
- 1997 Lincoln Continental Shops
- 1997 Lincoln Continental Reviews(2)
This week's top 10
Recent Lincoln Continental Questions
- The freon was emptied out but putting Freon back in it doesn't work either.
- what is the sequence of operation for radiator fans
- The car heater works but not the Air Conditioner how can I fix the problem?
- Our Lincoln is running rough & not accelerating slowly what is wrong with it?
- If the car cut off and when you try crack the car it just keep on turn over