I am also getting the code for random misfires. I cannot go above 45 mph and have no power to accelerate. When I attempt to force acceleration the car over heats. I have replaced the spark plugs and all the coils are firing just fine. I have also replaced the ERG valve. None of this has solved the problem. If the ERG valve is new what is making it stay open? Could it be an electrical problem?
I am getting the repair code P0404- ERG Open position. How do I fix the problem? on 2002 Oldsmobile Alero
Asked by for the 2002 Oldsmobile Alero
1 more answer
This week's top 10
Recent Oldsmobile Alero Questions
- heater/ac, and stereo display/buttons all quit (fried).do I need New dash kit?
- blower motor resistor connector on my 2001 Alero Supposed to have
- My power window is stuck halfway up. How can I get the window up temporary?
- the climate control system does not turn on. no air blowing ou o any selections
- Why wont my car start, but turns over?
2002 Oldsmobile Alero Estimates
- Automatic Transmission Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Lyman, SC
- PCV Valve Replacement ($32 - 43) in Milburn, OK
- Brake Caliper Replacement - Front ($336 - 644) in Courtland, MS
- Strut/Shock Absorber Replacement - Front ($278 - 475) in Chesnee, SC
- Stabilizer Bar Link Kit Replacement ($108 - 124) in Oaks, OK
- Alternator Replacement ($334 - 440) in Dana Point, CA