I am also getting the code for random misfires. I cannot go above 45 mph and have no power to accelerate. When I attempt to force acceleration the car over heats. I have replaced the spark plugs and all the coils are firing just fine. I have also replaced the ERG valve. None of this has solved the problem. If the ERG valve is new what is making it stay open? Could it be an electrical problem?
I am getting the repair code P0404- ERG Open position. How do I fix the problem? on 2002 Oldsmobile Alero
This week's top 10
Recent Oldsmobile Alero Questions
- blower motor resistor connector on my 2001 Alero Supposed to have
- My power window is stuck halfway up. How can I get the window up temporary?
- the climate control system does not turn on. no air blowing ou o any selections
- Why wont my car start, but turns over?
- While driving down rd my started acting up and wont start back fires
2002 Oldsmobile Alero Estimates
- Exhaust Manifold Gasket Replacement ($486 - 635) in Lyman, SC
- Engine Oil Light Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Milburn, OK
- Exhaust Manifold Replacement ($281 - 525) in Courtland, MS
- Shock Absorber Replacement - Rear ($77 - 143) in Chesnee, SC
- Horn Replacement ($119 - 132) in Oaks, OK
- Fuel Tank Replacement ($922 - 965) in Dana Point, CA