I am also getting the code for random misfires. I cannot go above 45 mph and have no power to accelerate. When I attempt to force acceleration the car over heats. I have replaced the spark plugs and all the coils are firing just fine. I have also replaced the ERG valve. None of this has solved the problem. If the ERG valve is new what is making it stay open? Could it be an electrical problem?
I am getting the repair code P0404- ERG Open position. How do I fix the problem? on 2002 Oldsmobile Alero
This week's top 10
Recent Oldsmobile Alero Questions
- Can you fix a car hatch in the trunk that is bent the trunk locks
- im trying to find out the average cost for cylinder head replacement
- My car is making a ticking nose and I was wondering what could be making that
- Why did my car stall and die?
- What is wrong if it turns over but won't start. If I give it gas it will start .