I am also getting the code for random misfires. I cannot go above 45 mph and have no power to accelerate. When I attempt to force acceleration the car over heats. I have replaced the spark plugs and all the coils are firing just fine. I have also replaced the ERG valve. None of this has solved the problem. If the ERG valve is new what is making it stay open? Could it be an electrical problem?
I am getting the repair code P0404- ERG Open position. How do I fix the problem? on 2002 Oldsmobile Alero
This week's top 10
Recent Oldsmobile Alero Questions
- Where is the water pump??
- Is there a fuel filter on my 02 Alero. It acts as if there is something plugged
- Clicking noise from front end..
- Runs great drive it 100 miles and motor just stops.will turn over but won't start. When it sits for a few hours it starts.
- Can't trun the buzzing sound off it stays on all the time