I replaced the tires and it helped but it didn't fix all of the vibration. I found evidence of grease loss around the front CV joints but i am not hearing the loud clunk when turning that is associated with CV joint failures . Does this sound like a wheel bearing problem ?I am not getting any codes from the on board computer or my OBD2 scanner. The X5 has 96500 miles on it and is a very clean car.Are there any special tools needed to replace the CV axles ? Thanks.
I am getting a vibration when I accelerate hard or going up a hill. on 2005 BMW X5
This week's top 10
Recent BMW X5 Questions
- Code P0171-174 changed all fuel injectors, upper oxygen sensor, valve head gaske
- Power steering, pulley or pump? Makes screeching noise.
- I have a 2004 bmw x5 4.4 I want to know how do i turn the 4x4 OFF
- the a/c is blowing hot air and reset button won't work. replaced power control
- The car when I drive more than 30 minutes star shaking but it not motor in the
2005 BMW X5 Estimates
- Door Window Regulator Replacement ($330 - 413) in Seal Beach, CA
- Mass Airflow Sensor Replacement ($343 - 483) in New Martinsville, WV
- Oil Pump Replacement ($1,386 - 1,971) in Waterloo, NY
- Oil and Filter Change ($74 - 140) in Radersburg, MT
- Power Steering System Leak Inspection ($44 - 56) in Hornell, NY
- Wheel Hub Replacement ($123 - 156) in Vici, OK