Reviews for Hyundai Veracruz years:

Hyundai Veracruz Reviews and Owner Comments

Hyundai VeracruzOwner Reviews (6 reviews)
  • 2011 Hyundai Veracruz
    Visitor, Jamaica, NY, October 05, 2012 10:59
    I bought my 2011-Veracruz Aug 2010 and within 2weeks the moldings on the sides of the car was falling off. That was repaired by the dealer. Since then I have had nothing but headaches with my Veracruz. Little control in stopping the vehicle on the highway, ESC light comes on allowing the vehicle to move no faster that 20-25 mph. First occurrence- dealer replaced the brake switch. Yes the car drove better (brakes and ESC problem was gone. Second occurrence (same problem) - dealer had the car for 3days and they said no test code found and the car was safe to drive. 3rd occurrence dealer reset switch and returned the vehicle. Within 18 months period I had returned to the dealer 3time for the same ESC/ acceleration problem and once to another Hyundai Service Center. I was advised by Hyundai Customer Care to take the car to another Hyundai service center as they may find the problem and have it fixed. I’m so disgusted with the BS of Hyundai that I would never recommend them to anyone nor would I purchase another Hyundai vehicle. I know I purchased a new car but was informed by Hyundai Customer Care Representative that I am the second owner of my vehicle. Hyundai has it listed that my Veracruz was previously owned by someone else. How on earth could they not disclose such pertinent information! I need an explanation and I need it NOW! All I can say is buyers be aware. Concerned Consumer(Queens NY)
  • 2008 Hyundai Veracruz
    Visitor, New York, NY, October 03, 2012 18:53
    I would not recommend purchasing a Hyundai Veracruz. I purchased a 2008 Veracruz and have had nothing but problems. Within the first year of purchase it stalled while travelling at 100km. It suddenly lost all power. Then the timing chain failed. You may feel as I did that you are getting great value for the money. To the contrary, you are getting what you pay for. My recommendation - Buy North American or better yet, buy a Honda. Remember the Pony and Stellar...they haven't progressed much!
    Visitor, Manchester, NH, October 13, 2011 15:08
    I have a constant knock in my 2007 Hyunda Veracruz hatchback. I have brought the vehicle back five times without a solution. I wondering if anybody has had the problem and have had problem resolved.
  • 2008 Hyundai Veracruz
    Visitor, El Paso, TX, February 17, 2011 12:13
    I have owned my VeraCruz Limited for two years. The car has been great. Quite ride, smooth transmition. I have had problems with the settings for controlling the power seats and tilt steering wheel. The dealer replaced under warranty the unit controlling both in the steering column at 27,000 miles. Steering is a little sloppy and doesn't give a firm feel of the road. Some minor squeeks in the suspension after 30,000 miles. Overall, the vehicle has been very good and would rebuy the same over again.
    drummer8by2, Richmond, VA, October 31, 2010 06:36
    We have been getting approx. 22 mpg around town and about 24/26 on the highway. Otherwise I totally agree with Dicks review. Maybe he has the AWD? Ours is the GLS and Front wheel drive only.
    dick57, Manchester, NH, January 17, 2010 07:55
    Excellent driving, quiet,syle, but gas is horrible. They do not tell you the real story about gas miles. City arount 13 mpg hghwy 24.8. But overall a great crossover to own.