Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Problems
When the shift lever is in D3 and sport mode is selected the transmission may downshift unexpectedly when the throttle is depressed. Our technicians tell us there is a transmission control module (TCM) software update available to correct this concern.
The theft system alarm may sound for no apparent reason. The is commonly caused by a faulty hood closed switch. A new, slightly taller switch is available to correct this concern.
A whine type noise may be noted from the power steering pump. This can be caused by a clogged reservoir which can aerate the power steering fluid. Cleaning the reservoir screen will restore proper fluid flow, reducing the noise.
Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Questions
How do I get the old one out?
Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Recalls
The affected vehicles are being recalled because the brake light switch can fail prematurely, resulting in the loss of brake light operation. Other systems that may be affected include: cruise control, push-button start, gear shifter, and Electronic Stability Control (ESC) system. Dealers will replace the brake light switch to correct this concern.